Droolicious Cuisine at BirminghamMommy.com: Bacon, Peas & Parmesan Fettuccinefeatured, to eat, to make — By Angie on January 21, 2011 at 7:51 am
1 package fettuccine pasta
2 slices center cut bacon
1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
2 teaspoons thyme
1/2 cup frozen green peas
1/3 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) Slice bacon into small strips. Cook in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from pan.
3) Add onion, garlic, and thyme to drippings. Cook until onion is tender. Add peas and heat until cooked through.
4) Add milk to pan and stir until heated through. Add butter, salt, pepper, and pasta. Toss until combined.
5) Remove from heat and sprinkle pasta with bacon and parmesan. Yields 4 servings.
I have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids, one funny little girl & one sweet little boy. They are always the best part of my day. I’m also the luckiest gal in the world because I am married to my soulmate, the kindest and most selfless man I know.
Like this? You can find many more droolicious recipes over at her site, “2 Little Chicks”