Super Bowl, Super Excuse to Throw a Partyfeatured, to eat, to make — By Angie on February 4, 2011 at 7:04 am
Super Bowl XLV is coming up this Sunday. The Packers will take on the Steelers and we are always looking for a reason to eat, drink and be merry.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a Green Bay fan or a pulling for Pittsburgh, we all like to eat and football parties to me, scream appetizers and dips! If you are attending or hosting a Super Bowl party this weekend.. Try one (or more) of these recipes to make your guests and friends happy! Don’t forget your easy gameday staples, like nachos, wings and a big crockpot of your favorite chili!
1lb Boneless skinless chicken breast half, grilled and shredded
1 8oz pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
1 c. Mayonnaise
1 8oz. pkg. shredded Colby Monterey Jack Cheese or Mexican Blend
1 4oz can diced, green chili pepper
1 jalepeno pepper, finely diced
Mix all ingredients together. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and Salsa
Crack – I’m not really sure how this dip got it’s name other than the fact that it’s down right addictive.
2 Rolls of Jimmy Dean Sausage (hot or mild, to your preference)
2 8oz Pkg. Cream Cheese
1 large Bottle of Salsa (we use Picante, as hot or mild as you want)
- Brown Sausage and Drain
- While browning sausage, soften cream cheese in microwave
- Mix sausage and cream cheese together
- Add salsa to desired consistency (just over 1/2 of bottle works well) Mix well
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees
Serve with Frito Scoops
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Optional Sides: Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise, grilled onion slices, chopped tomatoes, marinated jalepeno peppers
- Wrap bacon around each hot dog and put on the skillet and cook until bacon is done (cook the bacon to your liking) the bacon usually sticks to the hot dog if not you could use toothpicks to keep together. When dog is done pull from grill or oven.
- Spread mayonaise on the hot dog buns.
- Place buns under broiler or grill for just a minute.
- Put the bacon wrapped hot dog on the bun, at this point you may dress your dog with the optional sides.
- 1 pound baked pasta (rotini, bowtie, or macaroni)
- 1/2 cup hot water, saved from the water you boiled your pasta in
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 oz.) package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- ground pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and hot pasta water until softened. Whisk in the egg, then stir in the cheddar cheese, onion salt, and pepper. Spoon into muffin tins prepared with cupcake wrappers. Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or just until the tops of each ‘cupcake’ have been lightly browned. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tell us what will be on your menu this Sunday!