Droolicious Cuisine: Seared Scallops over Creamy Succotash
featured, to eat, to make — By Angie on July 5, 2011 at 12:46 pm
These days, I am aiming for recipes that I can only describe as “easy gourmet.” I want it to look like I spent hours in the kitchen, but with as little time spent cooking as possible. The total time spent on this meal was about 15 minutes. This creation was absolutely delish! The Husby said it goes in the recipe hall of fame with a spot in his top three. This is a perfect meal for a special occasion or when you want to show everyone a glimpse of your inner Paula Deen. Recipe yields 2 servings. Enjoy!
14 sea scallops
1 tablespoon + 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can triple succotash, drained
1 bag baby spinach
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s seasoning
1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
1) Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and saute 4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
2) Add triple succotash and Tony Chachere’s seasoning to onion mixture. Simmer over medium-low heat for 6 minutes. Add cream to mixture and return to a simmer over low heat.
3) Once succotash begins to simmer, mix in spinach a few handfuls at a time. Continue to cook, stirring occassionally, until spinach softens.
4) Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly salt and pepper scallops on both sides.
5) In a separate skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil and butter over medium-high heat. As soon as butter begins to brown in olive oil, add scallops to pan. Sear scallops for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until a caramelized brown crust forms. Immediately remove scallops from pan when finished cooking.
6) Put a few spoonfuls of succotash on plate and top with scallops. Squeeze a wedge of fresh lemon juice over top of scallops.
I have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids, one funny little girl & one sweet little boy. They are always the best part of my day. I’m also the luckiest gal in the world because I am married to my soulmate, the kindest and most selfless man I know.
More For Your Viewing Pleasure Tags: droolicious, Recipes