Back to School Tips for the Working Momfeatured, to live — By Trish on August 10, 2012 at 8:32 am
Some “efficiency rules” that keep us on target are:
1. Be organized. Have lunches packed and backpacks ready the night before. Include your lunch and work items in the process. For us, one of us loads the dishwasher while the other preps for the following day.
2. Have a designated spot for ALL items. Your kids won’t have to search for their shoes or backpack if they know where it is. The first 2 weeks are the hardest- you have to stay on them. You could even put a picture of a backpack in the backpack spot.
3. Invest in a good planner and/or family calendar. Keep on top of dates by starting off on the right foot.
4. Designate some quality time- for us it is when I get home from work. I will not clean or do anything except play for about an hour. Now that my kids are getting older and are getting homework, we’ll have to tweak that.
5. Request a schedule from your child’s teacher- find out when field trips and class parties are ahead of time.
Are you a working Mom? How do you get everyone ready and out of the house on time?