Storytime Spotlight! Hoover Public Library.featured, to do — By Angie on August 30, 2012 at 8:35 am
We tend to wander aimlessly during that time, as storytime is kind of a staple in our weekly routine. But have no fear! Many programs will be starting back up after the Labor Day Holiday. Yay!
Over the next couple of weeks we’re going to highlight a few of those for you. First up, Hoover Public Library. HPL is known for some of the best storytimes in town. Always well attended and they have a great variety for all ages. Choose the right one for you and your little one.
Teletale – Call 444-7838 every week to hear a new story read by the Hoover Public Library staff!
Together with Twos with Mr Jeremy - Every Monday at 9:30 & 10:30 am (repeat)
SEPTEMBER 10 – DECEMBER 3, 2012. 30 minutes of stories and crafts for two-year-olds and their caregiver. Please register each week. Call 444-7833.
Mother Goose with Miss Shawna - Every Tuesday at 9:30 & 10:30 am (repeat) SEPTEMBER 4 – DECEMBER 4, 2012
25 minutes of stories, songs and snacks for one-year-olds and their caregiver. Please register each week. Call 444-7833.
Early Birds with Miss Polly - Every Tuesday at 10 & 11 am (repeat) SEPTEMBER 4 – DECEMBER 4, 2012
20 minutes of stories, songs and fingerplays for babies (birth to 12 months) and their caregiver. Please register each week. Call 444-7833.
Tiny Tot Tales with Miss Laura - Every Wednesday at 9:30 & 10:30 am (repeat) SEPTEMBER 5 – DECEMBER 5, 2012
30-minute action-packed storytime for children under 4.
After Lunch Bunch with Miss Katie Jane - Every Wednesday at 1:30 pm SEPTEMBER 5 – DECEMBER 5, 2012
45 minutes of storyteller shenanigans for ages 3-up.
Storytime Live with Miss Traci - Every Thursday at 10:30 am SEPTEMBER 6 – DECEMBER 6, 2012
45 minutes of stories and songs for ages 3-up. Groups must register. Call 444-7833.
PJ Storytime with Miss April - Every Thursday at 6:30 pm SEPTEMBER 6 – DECEMBER 6, 2012
45 minutes of stories, songs and a bedtime snack for all ages.
As you can see, there really is something for every age! In order to help make your storytime experience the best, The Hoover Public Library has some Guidelines for you to follow:
- Arrive early! We begin each program right on time, and you do not want to miss any fun!
- Visit the restroom before storytime begins.
- Please be considerate. Take crying infants and disruptive children out of the story room.
- Listen, listen, listen. Parents and children should be as quiet as possible while the storyteller is speaking. Each storytime incorporates finger-plays, songs and movement, so you have plenty of time to shake out your sillies.
- Parents should sit with children to prevent distractions.
- Enjoy yourselves. Each program is designed to introduce kids to the pleasures of reading.
For more information or to find out about special programming, visit their website.