Museum Day Live!featured, to do — By Angie on September 18, 2012 at 8:55 am
Mark you calendars now! On Saturday, September 29th you can check out one of the museums around town (or outside of town) that you’ve never been to before. Or one that you would like to visit again, for FREE!
In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission everyday, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonianmagazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket…for free.
- Only an official Museum Day Live! ticket is eligible for free entry. Official tickets can be found here on the Museum Day Live! Website.
- One ticket per household, for two people.
- A ticket will gain entry to only one of the participating museums, excluding parking and special events and exhibits.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has the right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.
Participating Alabama Museums include:
- Alabama Museum of Natural History (Tuscaloosa)
- Alabama Veterans Museum & Archives (Athens)
- Anniston Museum of Natural History (Anniston)
- Birmingham Civil Rights Institute (Birmingham)
- Iron and Steel Museum of Alabama (McCalla)
- Kentuck Museum Association, Inc. (Northport)
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts (Montgomery)
- Old Alabama Town (Montgomery)
- Sci-Quest, Hands-on Science Center (Huntsville)
- SPLC’s Civil Rights Memorial Center (Montgomery)
- The Gorgas House Museum (Tuscaloosa)
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center (Huntsville)
- Veterans Memorial Museum (Huntsville)
- Vulcan Park and Museum (Birmingham)
For more information or to see participating museums outside of our area, visit their website.